I’m no stranger to working from my home office space with plenty of pre-pandemic experience. In those days, I had a schedule of taking my laptop to a few choice spots, such as my local Panera and some other locations. Saturday writing day before the pandemic meant going to Caboose Commons – a very cool place – to write my TechTarget articles.Continue reading “Is there value in more than one home office space?￼”
I went into 2021 with higher hopes for personal publishing than I produced. It’s no big thing. However, I’m sitting on more blog post ideas than I have time or energy to write.
Here are what I refer to as my three personal publishing sins from 2021:Continue reading “3 personal publishing sins I committed in 2021”
My blogging on this site is getting more infrequent as the pandemic shutdown drags on. The big news this week is that Northern Virginia finally entered Phase 1 of recovery today. It’s a slight step to getting back to normalcy. The only big change is that I could go out to lunch today and eat outside. We must still wear masks. I’m still working at home.
Here are some highlights of my last week:
- I was off Monday and Tuesday making it a short workweek but then again I spent my days off in my home office and living room which wasn’t much of a change over where I spend my work weeks these days.
- I went to my first online meeting of the Good Docs Project and I feel good at the prospect of volunteering with them.
- I wrapped up another TechTarget article and sent it to my editor.
While I won’t be completely happy until my gym reopens, it’s nice to see things in my area take a few steps forward finally.
How was your week?
I slept in too late on Sunday morning. Then I went onto have a very productive day. That all came back to bite me in the a** when I could barely sleep last night. Happy Monday to me! So I was dragging most of the day.
Here are some highlights from my last few days:
- I’ve been able to help my elderly mother at a distance. Thanks to Amazon I could score her toilet paper, paper towels, and surgical masks.
- I’m looking forward to taking a long weekend for Memorial Day. This is a short work week for me. Next week is an even shorter workweek for me. While it sucks to not being able to go to the pool, I’m looking forward to taking a break.
- I worked on a big presentation for work along with other members of my team that takes place this week.
- I worked on some upcoming TechTarget articles due over the next two weeks.
My only focus right now is to work through the week so I can cool my jets for a few days. I hope to catch up on my personal and professional reading while maybe binge-watching the latest season of West World.
How was your day?
I’ve been wanting to write on this blog a lot more in the past week but haven’t had a chance. My days still bleed together
Here are some highlights since my last post:
- I usually spend Mother’s Day visiting my Mom. Taking her out to lunch has long been a tradition since I moved out of my parents’ house. Not so this year. I had to send her a gift card to get curbside service for her Mother’s Day dinner. It’s just her and I left in my direct family so the entire day felt a little bit off.
- I got a note from the chief editor at opensource.com to celebrate writing over three posts in the last twelve months, which puts me in the Contributor Club. Hopefully, I should be able to get a few more contributions done now since I have some free time coming up.
- After work naps are sneaking into my daily routine…just saying. There are days that I try to fight it, and other days I just go with it. Today I just went with it.
It’s almost the beginning of summer here in Northern Virginia. Pools should open as Memorial Day is almost upon us. I’m taking a long Memorial Day weekend. My plan is to work on some personal writing projects, read for pleasure, binge watch something on TV, and do some projects around the house. Let’s see how many times I lament not being poolside.
How was your Wednesday?