Project team leadership is an even more important skill in today’s tight economic times making it even more of a shame when new, and even some experienced project leads fumble the ball in the name of their muddled agendas.
While doing more with less is quite a mantra these days, there are seven deadly sins of project leadership holding back once successful project teams from continuing to thrive.
eLearning and screencasts, in particular, seem to be all the rage to the point they are even replacing online documentation for some technology vendors. This development raises my Irish a bit because I never think buzzwords and fads should substitute for real support documentation.
While screen casts are great to augment online documentation and customer support sites
Here are 5 reasons screencasts annoy me.
I’m looking forward to this summer because I have some planned downtime and look forward to catching up on my reading while I’m poolside.
Here are the books I’m planning on reading this summer:
- The Amazon Way on IoT by John Rossman so I can learn more about Amazon’s approach to the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Stop Boring Me! by Kathy Klotz-Guest because I’d love to be able to write funny someday.
- Lovability by Brian De Haaf because I’ve been reading De Haaf’s LinkedIn posts for a while and interested in seeing how he expands his thoughts about company building in a longer form work.
- The Darkening Web by Alexander Klimburg because my current job does touch on some cybersecurity soIlike to stay informed.
- Creativity, Inc. by Ed Catmull & Amy Wallace has been sitting on my iPad for a while and I’m looking forward to having the time to read it this summer.
What books are you reading this summer?’
Image by Federico Giampieri via Unsplash.com