I’m happy to see 2017 come to a close. It was a good year for me by and large but certainly ran into my fair share of hassles during the past few months.
- Worked in a full-time job writing about what I want to be writing about and working with people I truly like, respect, and enjoy working with
- Embraced the cloud and managed services as writing topics as part of a larger strategy to broaden my body of work past enterprise mobility
- Dipped my toe back into article writing again after taking a break from it and feeling like I need to do it more in 2018
- Spent time updating, revising, and editing some old blog posts from my a now offline personal blog and republishing them to Medium and the blog you are currently reading
- Took a week long vacation where I sat on the beach and did absolutely nothing
- Spent time reading for leisure including books such as Creativity, Inc, Extreme Ownership, and Make Your Bed
- Discovered circuit training at the gym
- Watched so much manufactured hate and intolerance that I had to declare my Political Atheism
- Gave up late night talk shows because they became unwatchable due to political drama and blather
- Procrastinated taking some online training I need to take for my own professional education
- Ended out the year with some real hassles such as a contractor messing up the front steps to my house and the who issue going to court; the first Thyroid medication that ever worked for me going on backorder and becoming hard to get; and getting rear-ended on my way to work one morning and having to deal with the other insurance company that was sure I was trying to rip them off.
How was your 2017?