It’s the end of 2020. Thank goodness. I’ve had some tough years but 2020 was something quite different. Two job changes. Of course, there was the pandemic which tried my patience and sometimes my spirit.
Here’s a breakdown of the good and the bad:
- I made a much needed and long overdue career pivot during the pandemic. Perfect timing was key to it happening in many respects. The job has been full of many positive challenges thus far.
- I renewed some old friendships due to the pandemic.
- I got published in InfoWorld for the first time which checks off a dream writing market goal for me
- I went a little bit stir crazy with cabin fever about six months into the pandemic.
- I lost my motivation for the gym due to COVID-19. The gym during a pandemic is not my happy place.
- I learned how much I had been occupationally slumming as a technical writer after stepping into a job with more ownership and responsibility.
- Did I mention COVID-19?
How was your 2020?